Saturday, August 20, 2011

John Mayer Biography


Date of Birth
16 October 1977, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA

Birth Name
John Clayton Mayer

Height
6' 3" (1.91 m)

Trade Mark
Fender Stratocaster


Trivia
Attended Berklee School of Music in Boston

He decided to call the album "Room for Squares", a characteristically wry take on jazz sax player "Hank Mobley" 's 1963 LP, "No Room for Squares".

He is the second of three children

Was lead guitarist of a band called Villanova Junction when he was in high-school.

Has an older brother named Carl and a younger brother named Ben. Ben is 18 months younger than John.

His favorite condiment is A1 Sauce because you can put it "on anything."

Tried out for acting in 6th grade, but never got a manager.

Used to play clarinet.

His favorite song of his own is 3x5 from the album Room for Squares

His favorite foods are sushi, kobe beef and other Japanese food, as well as veal.

His favorite movie is Good Will Hunting (1997).

Drives a steel-blue BMW

His first job was in a supermarket in Fairfield, Connecticut. Later he worked in a gas station.

His parent's ages are 19 years apart

Played flute in elementary school

Started playing guitar at 13

Used to play violin

Wrote his Grammy award winning song "Daughters" in the shower

The movie Back to the Future (1985) inspired him to play guitar.

Drives a silver Porsche Cayenne.

His parents are Richard and Margaret Mayer

Is a big fan of Opie & Anthony and also Ron & Fez on XM Satellite Radio. He debuted the single "Waiting On the World to Change" when he dropped by unannounced at their New York studio on June 14, 2006. Since then, he has regularly checked in with both shows, either calling in to contribute to the topic or just stopping by to hang out.

When he was seventeen, he was suddenly stricken with a cardiac arrhythmia that sent him to the hospital for a weekend. The trauma of the incident sparked his songwriting, and he penned his first lyrics the night he got home. Shortly thereafter, he began suffering from crippling panic attacks that only subsided when he was twenty-six, and even now, he keeps a Xanax (an anti-anxiety drug) with him, just in case.

Grew up in Fairfield, Connecticut with James Blake.

Divides his time between New York City and Los Angeles.

Former boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston, they met at a party [2008].

Good friends with singer Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake and Kanye West.

Broke up with Jennifer Aniston again [March, 2009].

Frequents Los Angeles bar The Roger Room along with Jason Sarayba, Chris Pine, and Samantha Ronson.


Personal Quotes
It's almost charity work, what people have done, turning other people on to my music.

Connecticut's where I built the parts, Boston's where I assembled them, and Atlanta is where I sold them to people.

I love coconut, because when you think you're done eating coconut, 25 minutes later, a little piece of coconut comes out of the back of your mouth, and then you say, "Hey! It's more coconut!" I think any food with that kind of determination needs a little respect.

I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I'm sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. It's like I have musical boobies!

[crowd cheers] "That was a good response and I'm not going to ask you to do it again. There's nothing I hate more than going to a concert and the guy says 'You having a good time?' and you scream your head off and then the guy says 'I can't hear you!' and I'm like 'The fuck you can't!' I absolutely hate it when guys do that. So I promise you I'll never make you do that. If you scream respectably the first time anyway."

So we've got one more song to play for you tonight...[crowd grumbles]...what, you know there's an encore too. The encore is sort of like the condom in the pocket: everybody knows it's there but nobody talks about it.

I've always said I've got the coolest fans, and I brag about you like grandchildren when I talk to other artists

I've realized you can use a fork as a spoon if you use it rapidly enough.

Ladies, if you want to know the way to my heart...good spelling and good grammar, good punctuation, capitalize only where you are supposed to capitalize, it's done.

About the xBox game 'Halo': "I'm good. I'm fierce. And I'm not some gaming overachiever. I just have a skill. I was born to kill bionically augmented men."

High school is like a spork: its a crappy spoon AND a crappy fork, so in the end, its just plain useless.

Love is a hot shower where your skin never prunes.

I get recognized somewhere in between like local meteorologist and national meteorologist

I love you all so much. We really need to come up with a new name for 'fans'. How about really good friends who can't come over my house.

I don't mind making sissy rock... I'll rock your ass sensitive-style

I'm not really good at keeping my own secrets. I can keep other people's secrets pretty well. Unless they're really good and people deserve to hear them. And I'll disseminate the information accordingly.

[As he ties his shoe onstage] "It's very difficult to tie one shoe with the same tension as the other one, because if one should be a little tighter than the other, the show's gonna suck. I'm a man of symmetry."

If I look a little heavier these days it's because I'm bulking up for a role. I'm playing a musician on tour who eats everything in sight while hardly exercising.

" He's my favorite singer ever "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More